I. Membership: FWMBA is open to anyone who has paid their annual membership dues, but particularly mountain bike riders and outdoor enthusiasts.
II. Dues: Annual dues shall be $20 per individual or $25 for a family and shall be for 12 months from the date the payment is received by FWMBA.
III. Board of Directors: (hence forth to be identified as the Board). Officers of the Board shall be:
- a. President: The President shall be the principal executive officer of the Board and shall supervise and direct the business and affairs of the Association. The President will sign legal documents or agreements entered into by the Association with any private or public body or entity and perform any other duties prescribed by the Board.
- b. Vice President: In the absence of the President or in the event of their inability or refusal to act, the Vice President shall perform the duties of the President, and when so acting shall have all the powers and authority of the President. The Vice President shall also perform other tasks or duties that are assigned by the President or the Board.
- c. Treasurer: The Treasurer shall have charge and custody of and be responsible for all funds of the Association; receive and give receipts for monies due and payable to the Association from any source whatsoever; and deposit all such monies in the name of the Association in such banks or other financial institution. The approved bank or financial institution will be selected by a majority vote of the Board at each January’s Board meeting for that calendar year. The Treasurer is also responsible for the fulfillment of all necessary requirements, reports and actions to maintain FWMBA’s non-profit status with the governing bodies and the community. The Treasurer shall also perform other tasks or duties that are assigned by the President or the Board.
- d. Secretary: The Secretary shall be the custodian of the Association’s records; create and distribute meeting minutes of the Board, Executive Committee and Association meetings in a timely manner; be responsible for distribution of all notices; and will surrender, within 30 calendar days, all records to the newly elected person after official elections have taken place. The Secretary shall also perform other tasks or duties that are assigned by the President or the Board.
- e. Past President: At the pleasure of the current board, the past President may be asked to serve in the position of Association Historian to assist in the transition of the newly elected Board members. The Past President shall also perform other tasks or duties that are assigned by the President or the Board.
IV. Term of Office: The term of the Officers shall run for a calendar year.
V. Election of Officers: Candidates for Officer of the Board of Directors will be a current member of FWMBA, in good standing, and may be either self-nominated or nominated by any Association member. Officer elections shall be held each November to serve for the next calendar year. An election meeting can be either a special meeting or combined with a regular Association members’ meeting. Voting can be in person or by proxy, Officers will be chosen by a majority of ballots cast or proxies submitted at that meeting, all results are final.
VI. Executive Committee: The voting Executive Committee, henceforth known in this document as the Committee, shall consist of the Board members plus any director(s) or committee chairperson(s) deemed, by a majority of the Board, to be a position beneficial for this Committee to function effectively. The Committee shall develop standards relating to; the acquisition of public and private land for the development of and use as hiking and biking trails, using the IMBA guidelines; and any FWMBA sanctioned events.
VII. Quorum: All Committee meetings shall require a quorum of at lease a majority of Committee members to be present to be considered an official meeting. Any Committee meeting that does not have a quorum will be adjourned and no business will be transacted.
VIII. Solicitation of Sponsorship: FWMBA shall actively solicit sponsorship for the promotion of the Association’s activities to include: riding clinics, trail maintenance and construction workshops, and sanctioned races from business, organization and individuals wishing to support FWMBA.
IX. Dissolution: Upon the event FWMBA becomes dissolved, all remaining assets will be used to pay any remaining unpaid bills or reimbursement of expenses by any volunteer(s) to satisfy any indebtedness, any remaining funds will be donated to a non-profit mountain biking charity.
X. Operating rules of order: Any operational rule that is not detailed in these by-laws shall be governed by Robert’s Rules of Parliamentary Procedures.
FWMBA on Facebook